The mission of the Arizona Vegetable IPM Updates Website (Integrated Pest Management) is to provide timely, reliable and objective information for those involved in the desert vegetables industries. Also through the updates the UA Yuma IPM team promotes integration and implementation of multidisciplinary methods for developing pest management strategies. You will find here production information and future meeting reminders for those involved in the desert vegetable industries. If you want to know the most recent developments and management strategies recommended by researchers at the University of Arizona Yuma Agricultural Center in the area of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science, please examine our site.
Other specific goals are:
- Educate clientele and students via electronic newsletters, presentations, educational videos.
- Instruct in IPM tactics and how vegetables are grown in Arizona.
- Reduce the use of high-risk pesticides by promoting the adoption of IPM tactics by PCAs (pest control advisors) and growers.
- Assist the clientele in decision-making providing unbiased objective information via electronic newsletters and IPM courses.
- Promote the efficient usage of resources by assisting with recommendations.
- Stimulate clientele to visit the UA Diagnostic Laboratories facilities for solutions to their problems.
- Conduct surveys to determine trends in pesticide usage as well as identify industry needs.